Every time you open a new Word document, Word opens the Normal.dot file. Normal.dot is the default template. By modifying the Normal document, you can change the default Word font, paragraph, style, header and footer, page setups, page background, etc.
With Word 2007, it is super easy to change the formatting of the Normal.dot file. To modify the Normal document, use the following procedure.
- Close all open documents.
- Click the Office button .
- Click Open.
- On the Open dialog box, select Trusted Templates as the Look In folder.
- Click to open the Normal.dot file.
- Format the document, as you want to. Next time you open a new Word document, the modification will be reflected in the documents.
Note: You can create a section for each chapter of your document and apply unique header and footer to each section.
2 thoughts on “How to modify the Normal template or how to change default font in Word 2007”
Didn’t Work – totally no use whatsoever
Will help you!!