If you have added a misspelled word accidentally to Word’s dictionary and still wondering how to delete the erroneous entry, then please read on:
(In this procedure, we are going to edit the Word’s CUSTOM.DIC dictionary)
- Click the Office button ; a drop-down list appears.
- From the bottom of the drop-down list, click the Word Options button. The Word Options dialog box appears.
- Click the item Proofing from the left hand side pane.
- Now under the section When Correcting Spelling in Microsoft Office program, click the Custom Dictionaries button. The Custom Dictionaries dialog box appears.
- From the Dictionary List, select the CUSTOM.DIC dictionary.
- Click the Edit Word List button available on the right hand side of the dialog box. The CUSTOM.DIC dialog box appears.
- Using this dialog box, you can search a misspelled word and delete the same; and then enter the correctly spelled word.