If you are having a tough time managing images in your document, the following tips will surely help you.
Majority of the time, we want the images in the document to stick at a fixed position. Images that float are hard to manage.
To fix an image at a certain position in the document
- Click the image. The Picture Tools menu group is enabled in Word Ribbon.
- On the Format tab under the menu Pictures Tools , within the group Arrange, click the drop-down list button Text Wrapping.
- Click In Line with Text from the drop-down list. The selected image will be fixed at a line in the document.
- You can click and drag the image to a different line in the document.
- To place the image at a different position horizontally, place the mouse cursor in front of the image and then use Tab or Space Bar to move the image horizontally to a new position.
To wrap text around an image
- Select the image.
- On the Format tab under Pictures Tools menu, within the group Arrange, click the drop-down menu Text Wrapping .
- Select Square from the drop-down list. Text will be arranged around the image in the shape of a square.
- If image has an irregular shape (such as a star), click Tight from the drop-down list. Text takes the shape of the image around it.
Note: If the image inserted has an irregular shape (such as a star), select the option Tight to arrange text around the shape.